Friday, March 7, 2014

Sketchup by Iisa

There are many things you can use to make 3D items, but in Class 2 we use something called Sketchup. “What is Sketchup?” I hear you ask. Read on then!


Sketchup is a 3D designing programme. With it, you can make ANYTHING, you just have to put your mind to it. If you have a good design or something, to print it you send it to a 3D printer to be made.


Sketchup to me is special. Why? because with it you can make whatever you wish, although sometimes it gets real tough. But still, Sketchup is really cool. Believe me.


Okay, I know some of you who are reading this want to know what Sketchup is. Well, there’s a video tutorial at the end of this story. If you don’t want to watch it, then you may read on.


Shapes - You have the circle, square, and hexagon shapes.
Pencil - Draw straight lines.
Colour Bucket - Colour things in.
Selector - Select things to move, turn, duplicate or delete.
Rotating tool/Shift Pan - Move around your design.
Eraser - Erase any unwanted lines.

At this point you may be wondering “What is it used for?” Well... You can use it for making, creating, building, learning, and architecture. This is because it isn’t just for learning and those things. It’s also for creating modern-day things.

Like I said before, there are many things we can use to make 3D items, but I choose Sketchup. In case you never knew, I have used Sketchup for a few years.








Iisa Sketchup Demo Pt 1 from Sandy Lagitupu on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Iisa for creating this short video about how to use Sketchup. It was very informative and helpful. It definitely gave me a better understanding about how to use the icons to create my 3D design. It's pretty tricky until you get the hang of how to use it. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa I love sketch up or 3d design because its really creative and your very good at making or building stuff. I love your design last year of minecrafted as well. I hope you would make your own 3d design project soon for me to comment on again. Keep up the great work! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

PES Art Expo 2022 - Room 7 Artwork

 Today our school held an Art Expo in the hall. Each team and class in the school showcased the art creations from their inquiry around '...